Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Deja vu

Awww.. Heck! No, I don't care whether I'm important at all.

I do, however, like things to work like they should.

I did have a good time designing Stand-Up Jet Skis for racing, and I did OK with Motocross and Snowmobiles. None of them broke much-- they were OK-- others thought they wanted to ride them instead of what they had-- most of the time, if I remember that correctly.

I never thought I was important, but I did have a lot of fun! Like I said, my stuff usually never broke. It just went faster, accelerated faster and handled better. It was also MUCH safer.

But, I digress. I did crack-up a Yamaha SuperJet that I had redesigned. It seems I ran over an underwater rock shelf which ripped the bottom out-- at high speed. Now THAT wasn't very smart! That was in S. California, which I still love to this day, as many know!

The guys said it was spectacular when I bounced across the water, having been ejected. That wasn't done to make me popular, however!

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the Surf Machine near San Onofre. It seems the hot water from the power plants creates an escalator current alongside a giant rock-- it takes you right out-- just like a river, and then you can paddle across to the middle of the bay and ride the waves back in.

Now, THAT was fun.... I think I may be incurable-- I just like good times, things that work well, and good people.

---Dennis---

Edits: 06/24/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Deja vu - tube wrangler 22:26:18 06/24/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.