In Reply to: RE: Soo... posted by Tre' on June 13, 2012 at 22:09:58:
Voltage equals current times resistance. E=IR.
I am fine. How much of your power is making heat, and exactly how much is producing useful musical output in a speaker voice coil under constantly changing, driven conditions?
You CLAIM a watt is a watt. If NOT being modulated musically, operating into a pure, unchanging resistance, it is.
If your watt is modulating a speaker, or even if it's frequency-modulating a light bulb-- the load is changing with the characteristics of the generator.
In this case, you cannot accurately calculate a watt-- (yes, we do the best we can, and we have instruments that can approximate this) you have to OBSERVE WHAT IT ACTUALLY DOES.
I do this with stunning accuracy and you drag out bits and pieces of old posts-- where I DARED (shudder!) to mention a NAME or a PRODUCT-- in the simple context of giving useful background information to a discussion-- the honest and right thing to do. But HORRORS!-- you resort to cheap character assassination.
OK-- so you're frustrated when something doesn't behave as you dictate that it should, and you don't like anyone who can see what's wrong with that picture. Well, TOO BAD!
In formal debate, pulling partial statements out of context is considered intellectually dishonest because it is.
Trying to pontificate scientific modeling based on static, unchanging conditions in an operating system where everything is ALWAYS CHANGING isn't exactly brilliant either!
Over a watt! A watt of WHAT?
You don't say because you can't-- or won't-- describe the actual behavior of physical substances while they are being musically modulated.
Your static, dead model is exactly why you refuse to understand what I refer to in my posts. Those posts weren't written to make something or somebody look good or bad, they're out there so that intelligent people can see HOW SOMETHING WORKS-- and WHY.
But I don't dare mention how to get me on the phone-- maybe tell someone who cares how to use the info on my website to find me. Oh NO! That's mentioning my company.... so now the poor guy can't even call me.
OK-- fine. So you and a few other even stupider guys dominate this place. With CRAP!
The world around you is a constantly changing set of operating parameters. If you'll just observe WHAT IS HAPPENING-- and WHAT ACTUALLY DOES HAPPEN instead of what you insist upon dictating to others, using only static modeling and personality clashes that make no sense whatsoever-- then maybe you can make sense of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS in the real world.
Edits: 06/14/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - To Whom It May Concern - tube wrangler 15:52:25 06/12/12 (63)
- Manufacturing can ruin your DIY hobby - commentary 21:49:30 06/15/12 (0)
- I know a guy that has a class A3 amplifier design - Ralph 12:08:44 06/15/12 (7)
- RE: I know a guy that has a class A3 amplifier design - drlowmu 19:11:53 06/15/12 (0)
- Electra Print's "A3" amplifier design - Chris O 13:03:00 06/15/12 (5)
- RE: Electra Print's "A3" amplifier design - Ralph 13:18:57 06/15/12 (4)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - SETdude 16:07:21 06/14/12 (0)
- To drink or not drink. . . - Cpwill 15:48:32 06/14/12 (6)
- RE: To drink or not drink. . . - Tre' 17:29:33 06/14/12 (5)
- RE: To drink or not drink. . . - Ray Moth 21:12:57 06/14/12 (2)
- RE: To drink or not drink. . . - lakerfan 10:58:11 06/15/12 (1)
- RE: To drink or not drink. . . - drlowmu 15:37:43 07/17/12 (0)
- RE: To drink or not drink. . . - lakerfan 18:09:13 06/14/12 (1)
- RE: To drink or not drink. . . - Ray Moth 21:15:48 06/14/12 (0)
- "JBL rates the Paragon system at 82 db/watt..." - JJ Triode 14:28:53 06/14/12 (7)
- RE: "JBL rates the Paragon system at 82 db/watt..." - tube wrangler 17:44:01 06/14/12 (3)
- But you did not say... - JJ Triode 09:49:07 06/15/12 (2)
- RE: "JBL rates the Paragon system at 82 db/watt..." - drlowmu 14:32:38 06/14/12 (2)
- Soo... - Chris O 13:31:56 06/13/12 (9)
- RE: Soo... - Tre' 20:02:43 06/13/12 (3)
- RE: Soo... - tube wrangler 21:21:18 06/13/12 (1)
- RE: Soo... - Tre' 21:58:35 06/13/12 (0)
- RE: Soo... - Chris O 20:23:44 06/13/12 (0)
- RE: Soo... - tube wrangler 20:02:25 06/13/12 (4)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - lakerfan 21:00:25 06/12/12 (2)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - Todd Krieger 23:26:30 06/12/12 (1)
- RE: Ditto !! (nt) - benie 02:01:07 06/13/12 (0)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - Tre' 19:58:27 06/12/12 (21)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - mach1 22:46:19 06/12/12 (9)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - RPMac 06:29:14 06/13/12 (6)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - mach1 16:41:08 06/13/12 (0)
- Have you read this (see No. 5)? - DeKay 08:05:34 06/13/12 (4)
- RE: Have you read this (see No. 5)? - Tre' 09:21:50 06/13/12 (3)
- It was in reference to PJ. I'm not very familiar with... - DeKay 09:31:02 06/13/12 (2)
- My reference to PJ was as an example of correctness. - RPMac 11:39:55 06/13/12 (1)
- Now I'm confused, but... - DeKay 19:20:15 06/13/12 (0)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - lakerfan 04:27:21 06/13/12 (1)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - Tre' 06:39:49 06/13/12 (0)
- The thing is ... - Paul Joppa 21:09:12 06/12/12 (6)
- Amen nt - Frihed89 08:28:29 06/13/12 (0)
- I KNOW am crackers Paul but cheese DOES go better with me than Peanut Butter~nT - Cleantimestream 07:49:11 06/13/12 (4)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - tube wrangler 20:53:04 06/12/12 (3)
- RE: To Whom It May Concern - Cleantimestream 16:31:25 06/12/12 (0)
- Good post Dennis...........nt - Neff 16:16:53 06/12/12 (1)
- Second that ! - vince saunders 16:22:42 06/12/12 (0)