Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Soo...

Voltage equals current times resistance. E=IR.

I am fine. How much of your power is making heat, and exactly how much is producing useful musical output in a speaker voice coil under constantly changing, driven conditions?

You CLAIM a watt is a watt. If NOT being modulated musically, operating into a pure, unchanging resistance, it is.

If your watt is modulating a speaker, or even if it's frequency-modulating a light bulb-- the load is changing with the characteristics of the generator.

In this case, you cannot accurately calculate a watt-- (yes, we do the best we can, and we have instruments that can approximate this) you have to OBSERVE WHAT IT ACTUALLY DOES.

I do this with stunning accuracy and you drag out bits and pieces of old posts-- where I DARED (shudder!) to mention a NAME or a PRODUCT-- in the simple context of giving useful background information to a discussion-- the honest and right thing to do. But HORRORS!-- you resort to cheap character assassination.

OK-- so you're frustrated when something doesn't behave as you dictate that it should, and you don't like anyone who can see what's wrong with that picture. Well, TOO BAD!

In formal debate, pulling partial statements out of context is considered intellectually dishonest because it is.

Trying to pontificate scientific modeling based on static, unchanging conditions in an operating system where everything is ALWAYS CHANGING isn't exactly brilliant either!

Over a watt! A watt of WHAT?

You don't say because you can't-- or won't-- describe the actual behavior of physical substances while they are being musically modulated.

Your static, dead model is exactly why you refuse to understand what I refer to in my posts. Those posts weren't written to make something or somebody look good or bad, they're out there so that intelligent people can see HOW SOMETHING WORKS-- and WHY.

But I don't dare mention how to get me on the phone-- maybe tell someone who cares how to use the info on my website to find me. Oh NO! That's mentioning my company.... so now the poor guy can't even call me.

OK-- fine. So you and a few other even stupider guys dominate this place. With CRAP!

The world around you is a constantly changing set of operating parameters. If you'll just observe WHAT IS HAPPENING-- and WHAT ACTUALLY DOES HAPPEN instead of what you insist upon dictating to others, using only static modeling and personality clashes that make no sense whatsoever-- then maybe you can make sense of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS in the real world.

---Dennis---

Edits: 06/14/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.