In Reply to: My 45 experiment posted by Frihed89 on May 26, 2012 at 04:00:19:
I have a couple of PP45 amps and they do sound very nice indeed. In the past I had an amp that could run 45's.
But I put together this Type 26 Directly coupled to a 45 stereo amp, from spare parts and threw on a couple of cheap Hammond OPT's.
The thing really has a nice quality to it's musical presentation.
I only use a passive preamp and drive GPA 604's to a fairly loud level.
It sounds very diffrerent from my Ref 2A3 amp. I really like the combination of 26 drving a 45. Maybe at some point I'll rebuild this
amp with a nice chassis better wiring and better OPT's.
But for now this little ugly amp sure sounds sweet!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - My 45 experiment - Frihed89 04:00:19 05/26/12 (7)
- Something special for sure.... - drummerwill 11:03:03 05/26/12 (2)
- RE: power supply?... - deathtube 667 06:49:58 05/28/12 (1)
- RE: power supply?....Yes.. - drummerwill 09:40:57 05/28/12 (0)
- RE: My 45 experiment - Neff 09:45:54 05/26/12 (0)
- Yup........ - Cut-Throat 06:15:51 05/26/12 (2)