In Reply to: RE: 300bs at 300volts posted by Palustris on May 9, 2012 at 10:48:33:
Lower dissipation supposedly results in a more relaxed/less stressed sound (and longer duration of use!), with I/V determining the general presentation.
This has been consistently reported by folks I tend to trust in these matters and it sounds plausible. I have not experience this personally (no 300B amp in the house) but should be able to by the end of the year.
“As long as we have any intention to be right… we should be wary. So long as words have the slightest ego attachment, they are dishonest.” Charlotte Joko BeckThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 300bs at 300volts - jonny- 14:29:30 05/07/12 (14)
- RE: 300bs at 300volts - hagustos 00:49:00 05/11/12 (2)
- RE: 300bs at 300volts - hagustos 01:49:16 05/16/12 (0)
- RE: 300bs at 300volts - jonny- 09:56:48 05/15/12 (0)
- That is very low power output - richardl 11:08:00 05/08/12 (2)
- RE: That is very low power output - RC Daniel 21:33:55 05/10/12 (1)
- RE: That is very low power output - Cleantimestream 11:38:57 05/31/12 (0)
- RE: 300bs at 300volts - Palustris 08:35:26 05/08/12 (2)
- RE: 300bs at 300volts - RC Daniel 04:41:38 05/11/12 (0)
- RE: 300bs at 300volts - jonny- 16:08:01 05/08/12 (0)
- RE: 300bs at 300volts - Jim Womble 04:53:59 05/08/12 (4)Follow Ups
- Agreed. - RC Daniel 19:13:55 05/10/12 (0)