Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Ignorant?

RGA-

The Line Magnetic amps use mostly imported parts and iron. They wind their own transformers using wire and cores from Europe. Same goes for the caps, depending on the model, I've seen custom made Jensen's, Mallory's, Sprague's etc. They're hand made by a small group of guys/gals in a very clean, very modern and very pleasant facility. I can tell you that since dealing with them over the past two years, they have been closed numerous times for vacations, they don't work weekends or long days. No sweat shop here. So the stereotypes do not apply here as Chris O likes to paint with. I do agree that many Chinese made products are very poorly built. Not all, not by a wide margin. Funy thing is, some very popular US and Japanese made products, as you pointed out, are made by Line Magnetic and other Chinese brands.
Back in 2005, I and a friend were approached by a Chinese manufacturer at CES. He showed us pictues of their plant. In the photos you could clearly see many VERY expensive "US made" speakers being produced. One photo showed a "Made in CT." badge on the rear of a massive and over $50K speaker.
So ignore the tags and supposed country of origins and listen.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ignorant? - Vinyljh 04:11:23 04/27/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.