I have never seen this tube before. Each channel has an input transformer feeding an interstage transformer directly coupled to the 20B. No driver tube. Apparantly, Tron Electric uses a similar typology in its Voyager amp. I'm sure neither the Tube Lab or the Tron version is cheap. The former uses all EML tubes (both the power tube and the rectifier) + Hashimoto interstage and output transformer and Lundahl input transformers and n one of that is low cost.
Anyone ever build/hear such an amp?
Observe, before you think. Think before you open your yap. Act on the basis of experience.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 20B SET: look ma, no driver tubes - Frihed89 14:02:28 02/11/12 (9)
- Gordon Rankin had one in his Wavelength Audio... - RC Daniel 00:40:26 02/16/12 (2)
- I have a pair of Mercurys - Ed Sawyer 12:19:17 02/17/12 (0)
- Mercury amps - Gordon Rankin 05:19:48 02/16/12 (0)
- RE: 20B SET: look ma, no driver tubes - Unholy Fool 05:06:37 02/12/12 (0)
- RE: 20B SET: look ma, no driver tubes - Donald North 21:01:09 02/11/12 (4)