Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I'm moving to Hong Kong...

Hi Friehead

I am moving to Hong Kong later this month for a 2 year teaching contract which will put my reviewing on a hiatus. My plan though is to get myself set-up and try and review complete systems - I far prefer "system" reviews anyway since I always feel that component reviews are not as helpful to people. My OTO sounds stunning with AN speakers but run them with a B&W and who the heck knows what it will be like.

Fortunately, a lot more companies are designing their own equipment and you can buy a whole system from the likes of Rega, Grant Fidelity and even Krell. There are a lot of companies selling in Hong Kong as well so it may actually be easier to get gear than in Canada where shipping costs can be staggering. I tried to get a smaller speaker maker's speaker but the shipping was just horrendous for him and we ultimately decided that it was a no-go.

I am also excited to attend and cover the Hong Kong Audiophile shows since it's not commonly covered by western writers. Unfortunately I will miss this one held later in August.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I'm moving to Hong Kong... - RGA 16:59:20 08/09/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.