Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I'm not sure what to say

You did visit John and you heard one of his amps briefly on that visit but it did not strike you fancy enough for you to get interested. You went in other directions.

To me you were missing the boat. Well you know I have my opinions and I myself had not heard anything more appealing in audio except perhaps the WE speakers. To me, you really did not understand the idea of the transformers, what they were capable of, and what John was doing. Nothing wrong with that, you had your own direction.

Now if you did not recognize it immediately then, since you did not give yourself the time and interest and direction to do so, there is no world of explaining it to you.

You might have thought his amp sounded good which you have expressed, but that is not what it is all about. It's about special qualities in the opts.

I agree that not everyone will find the qualities of the opts what they want to work with. Not everyone will go with those particular aesthetic qualities.

Time will tell where the stuff really stands. I am confident now of the outcome.

You can continue to stay on the outside looking in. That's how I see it. Or you can listen/compare and try to ascertain.

My stereos are set-up. My house is organized around the stereos and music. It is now just like art or something that enhances life. It's great and it really adds. I have no interest in the audiophile aspects per se, my interest is in sound.

I lucked out and I've moved on to life. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.