Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Yamamoto amplifiers in the U.S.

Hi Ed,

I'll be carrying both the factory-built amplifiers and the kits, although I'll be promoting the pre-built units more heavily.

I have not yet worked out the final pricing of the A-08, as there are a number of factors to consider, including the plummeting exchange rate and the cost of overseas shipping (which will probably be around $250 per unit). But I am going to keep the U.S. prices as low as possible. My best guess at this point is that the pre-built amps will retail for $2150, and the complete kits for $1550. The final pricing should not differ by more than $50 to $100 from these figures...

The Yamamoto amps - and eventually preamps - that I will be importing have been reconfigured to U.S. AC specs, and will also be grounded and come with high-quality three-prong AC cords (unlike here, most Japanese household outlets are not grounded).

I am also working with Mr. Yamamoto to establish factory-authorized warranty service here in the U.S. for domestically-purchased units. And given the cost of round-trip shipping between the States and Japan, this will be a real plus!

Cheers,
Brian

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Yamamoto amplifiers in the U.S. - big-eyed beans from venus 22:56:16 11/29/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.