Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Google

Battery ground tweak. You'll get my website. Lifespan of the battery for my BGTs is CLEARLY stated at the end of the article. That article
has been up for about a YEAR, btw, although additions have been made.

When I posted about the BGT on Tweaks Asylum, I already was using capacitors and explained the sonic differences between higher voltages and other factors. I kept no secrets except for the bypass caps I use, but that one is also dependent on user tastes. I did give hints as to values, however. I made no false statements, at least not to the best of my ability and knowledge. I shared all the basic groundwork I did on the asylum and much of the experimentation I also did.

If GK did a minimum of research, my website info would have clearly shown up and it is number one in the google search engine. Hell, search Tweaks asylum. He may be banned but he can still read it...

As a dealer and manufacturer, I do NOT use self aggrandizement to push or solicit sales, paying careful attention to AA rules as much as I can. In fact, I have shared far more information about the actual workings than most others. I do not make a penny off the information I share, BTW. A true DIYer can easily replicate my work for the most part.

Part of obeying AA rules us NOT to jump in and seemingly promote a commercial website. But a cursory google search shows a lot on tweaks and audiogon.

It irks me that GK's reading comprehension is either non existent, or, maybe, that he is just playing for attention. Again, a simple google search should be one of the first things any one wanting data should make.

Does your post really answer his question: NO !! It simply says how much voltage drop you have observed. Do you realize battery life will vary between alkaline, carbon, lithium, and lead acid types (and whatever other battery types which exist)? You didn't even bother to state what type of battery you are using. Hence your observation is, at best, clouded by uncertainty.

There are differences. I know you like GK personally having met the man. Still, a "rocket scientist"? We are dealing with basic electricity here. There is a slew of data on batteries, and even on the BGT on the internet.

Plus, if you haven't noticed, I basically ignore GK cries for attention for the greater part. This one I had to answer only because it is basically my idea although I am always very careful to give Bud Purvine the credit for the inspiration.

No Bud, no BGT...I am deeply indebted to the man and for what he has written and shared. I've said before and I'll say it again: Thank you, Bud.

Edits: 10/17/14 10/17/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.