Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Your theory doesn't hold water.

When it comes to the speed of signal propagation the movement of individual electrons is irrelevant, as every electron is identical to every other electron. Even the existence of electrons is irrelevant to this discussion. (The presence of individual electrons does matter when considering thermal noise, but that's a different discussion.)

There is no need to go too far down the rabbit hole. It is necessary to stop at some point if one wants to accomplish anything. There are different levels at which subjects can be discussed, according, for example, to the knowledge and intelligence of the participants. This accounts for various explanatory scenarios that sometimes appear to conflict. In trying to get into a new technical subject, I have found it helpful to explore a range of books until I can find one that is at the right level to give me an effective learning experience, neither too difficult (incomprehensible) or too simplified (inaccurate and/or boring). Sometimes I have found it necessary to read through several levels of books before I could understand current research papers and sometimes I have given up the effort as too difficult for my talents and available time.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Your theory doesn't hold water. - Tony Lauck 08:44:10 03/16/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.