Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Cable article link

Very good artocle, however it helps to be in the cable business since 1996. Having doen a LOT of simulations and measurements, I can tell you that interconnects do matter a lot. The revelant parameters are not losses or inductance though. These are capacitance, skin-effect and crystal lattice symmetry. All of these are related to electric field, which is mostly what you have in interconnects. In speaker cables you have inductance being the most important because of strong magnetic fields.

Looking at this loss and that loss is not very interesting IMO. It it the non-linear effects across amplitude and frequency that are more important.

I do agree that passive crossovers are up there with the main things that need improvement, however the best way to go about that is up for debate. If one gets passive crossover
components closer to the ideal texbook in performance, it can be evry bit as good as bi or tri-amping.

Steve N.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.