Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: 2 parallel sets of interconnects-anyone tried?

My friend is always experimenting and recently for S and G's he took two analogue ICs paralleled them and used them as a digital wire between his transport and DAC. The result? Absolutely amazing! The sonics have never sounded better and the soundstage is wide and as deep as I've ever heard to the point of being eerie at times.

There's no absolutes in audio, PERIOD! I remember once I had to place a tweeter next to a "full-range" driver not above, but directly to the outside and even with it horizontally. Everyone I told started clamoring about lobbing and other bad effects this would cause. However strangely enough it worked perfectly in my room. In fact, friends would get up and walk from one side of the room to the other and claim the sound and soundstage seemed to remain almost the same no matter where they stood. It seemed to perplex most folks, so go figure!?!?!?

I say try it and see how it sounds to you. If you like what you're hearing better than what you had before, you'll be ahead of the game.

I'm listening to:

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

Edits: 03/07/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 2 parallel sets of interconnects-anyone tried? - thetubeguy1954 12:21:20 10/31/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.