Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Read your post ... before you press "Submit Follow Up"?

You were already warned in my pre-emptive post that I would disagree with everything you posted ... and I will ... in the true spirit of Propeller Head Plaza where no two audiophiles could even agree that the sky is blue!

Rod M.
"The methodolgy in that test is entirely suspect."

Rod M.
"...the methodology isn't explained in the least."

RG replies:
Please make up your mind -- if "the methodology isn't explained
in the least", then how can you justify your claim:
----- "The methodology in that test is entirely suspect"? -----
Enough of the methodology IS explained for the post to be a useful for the guy who thought one subject and six trials was a "test".

Summary of Test Methodology in the link I provided:
12 participants
ABX methodology
15 tests and 180 trials = 12 trials per test
30 second samples of a song
Equipment used is listed
Song used is listed (my favorite Simply Red song ...
which happens to have above average sound)

Rod M. wrote:
"No training. No control by the user over switching."

RG replies:
I don't know for a fact there was no training -- there had to be some instructions. But I wonder if you ever ask about "training" when a subjective golden ear audiophile raves about some component he heard in an audio store? While I would personally prefer the users to have control over the music and the A-B switching, that sometimes leads to awful music and rapid A-B-X-A-B-X "machine gun" switching that is very annoying to most listeners and causes arguments ... maybe even fistfights.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Read your post ... before you press "Submit Follow Up"? - Richard BassNut Greene 04:48:50 08/07/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.