Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Bullshit....

Is that the ingredient that Steve missed?

I'm not picking sides here from a standpoint of personalities. I'm just responding to what I've read in this last string of posts ( and by the way, it beats the hell out of any soap I've ever seen).

Lets re-cap. John, you're touting ( and really that's what you are doing) a product that you say you don't really understand how it operates, and that products main claim to functioning is by a technology or operating principal(quantum physics) that again you say you're not really up to speed on ( but you have fifty textbooks on the subject in general).

You also state that the ad copy at the Bybee site is intentionally misleading, though you qualify that misdirection as ok, because it's a protection of the technology (and monetary potential) and not to mislead any potential purchaser?!

I presume that a patent application has been discussed? No/Yes.

John, I am certain that you are vastly more knowledgable than I in matters concerning electronics and audio equipment in general. However I would question your business accumin to keep defending this product along the lines as presented in these posts.

In my line of business, confidential technical info is discussed regularly by essentially competing companies. But only after signing binding confidentiallity and non-disclosure agreements. I presume that Bybee is a private company,but my experience is that public shareholders would never condone this type of behaviour, once made aware of it ( both the advertising issue and having a spokesperson for that company admitting not understanding the product). Nor should private shareholders and partners for that matter.

Get the web page changed, I'm sure you could do it ( hell, my daughter designed them when she was 13 ). Then you can stop having to put out such a lame argument for the misinformation at the Bybee site. You are better to say nothing than intentionally mislead.

Sign a non-disclosure agreement with Mr. Bybee and get him to walk you through the technology. Then you're in the loop. Very important.

Read your fifty text books ( or at least one), or else don't bring them up.

There have been too many very public instances of high profile companies perpetrating fraud ( BRE-X, Enron ), that in this busimess environment it is necessary to not just be clean, but look clean.

Again, I am not picking on any personalities here so please don't take it as such (I am not as elegant a writer as some of the others here), I'm just responding to the what I've read as posted.

Best of luck in your ventures.

slope

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Bullshit.... - slope 17:03:57 08/06/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.