Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Oh, Dan. Tsk, tsk......

Fortunately, others have the courage to try new things, experimenting with new materials, and making good progress. The proof is in the sound quality.

But "sound quality" is a subjective assessment which may be influenced by factors which have nothing to do with new materials, etc.

While it may be considered progress within the realm of each individual's subjective experience, it does nothing to increase our knowledge with regard to the objective realm.

I've said it before and at the risk of beating a dead horse I'll say it again, people have tried putting photographs of themselves in their freezers and achieved good progress with the proof also being in the sound quality.

And in spite of the fact that others have reported improvements from putting photographs of themselves in their freezers, no one here has tried it themself and have dismissed it completely out of hand. But I don't see those people being called ignorant or berated for not trying new things.

So where exactly does the line get drawn?

se

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.