Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: "Why are so many people so insecure?"

Well that answer would fall far beyond the boundaries of *this* Plaza, so let me ask in return, Why are so many people concerned with what insecure people may say? Their inability to muster science on their behalves should be a matter of supreme indifference to us real practitioners, ne-c'est-pas?

Only if one has no interest at all in the sciences and things objective. I do have an interest in the sciences and things objective. I just keep the two separate. When it comes to my enjoyment of music, I remain purely subjective and don't impose objectivity into that realm. By the same token, I don't impose my subjective experiences into the objective realm where I remain purely objective.

Even though it would not change anything with regard to my subjective pursuit of the enjoyment of music, my natural curiousity would love to know the answers to those questions at the root of the great debate. But we'll never get those answers if subjective experience is asserted as objective fact and subsequently treated as such. That's just dogma and dogma doesn't get anyone any closer to the truth.

se

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.