Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

I've a suggestion

Hello Rod,

Thanks for hosting this space. Thanks also for your suggestions, which I think are well-founded.

If I could, I'd like to make another suggestion. You may recall how contentious the "High-Resolution" digital forum got for a while -- mostly just the SACD camp and the DVD-A camp bashing each other. The ultimate solution (that seems to have worked quite well, as far as I can tell) was to split it into two forums, one for each group.

Would it be possible to do the same thing here? That is, could we have separate forums for people that believe measurements explain everything (except for possible self-delusion), and a separate forum for people that either go by what they hear or try and correlate theories with what they hear?

If you were to do that, I think all of the current problems would be instantly solved. All that would be required would be a rule for each forum. The "yea-sayers" forum would forbid any criticism of subjective observations, and the "nay-sayers" forum would forbid any discussion of subjective observations. Any transgressions could be moved to "a more appropriate venue" as is done with the "Whiner's Woad" currently.

Nothing would make me happier than having a place to discuss ideas with like-minded individuals. The way it is now, things are headed to the same irrelavancy that befell RAO.

Thanks for your consideration,
Charles Hansen

PS -- I like both Todd's and Scott's suggestions for names.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.