Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Giant Conspiracy the likes of which the world has never seen

"Anyways - back to snake oil.

I've always maintained that someone who pays to have their imagination sold back to them is insane. I pick on Geoff Kait alot because of his teleportation tweaks, for example. I believe that you can't use psychic energy to make stereos sound better. But you CAN use PSYCHOLOGICAL tricks to do it. Geoff Kait is no more guilty of snake oil than a company that sells an amp for $50K when $30K of it is all "jewelry" and fancy bling finishing."

That's the same ridiculous argument Naysayers have been using for years - that expensive cables, tube amps, tiny bowl resonators, Mpingo Discs, Shakti Stone, Intelligent Chip, are either mass hysteria, hypnosis, ritualism, a psychological trick, placebo effect or expectation bias. A lot of the "imaginative arguments" put forth by Uber Skeptics are eerily similar to knee jerk arguments against UFOs and crop circles. Swamp gas, weather balloons, secret technology, faked photos, Government conspiracy. HA!!

Next stop - Zen and the Art of Debunkery.

Geoff Kait

Edits: 11/12/12 11/12/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.