Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Lovely to hear from you, John...

And thanks for the PDF. I vaguely recall that you gave this lecture, and am delighted to revisit it now. I very much enjoy the inclusion of your background, expanding on what little I gathered in our conversations, in Santa Fe, Las Vegas, and so on... which I believe started Caltech in James Boyk's classroom and then at the AES conference in LA (not sure which year, but I recall the large screen digital video being shown).

In circumstances like this for me, I find myself reflecting on meaningful influences, the individuals and events that have influenced my development. My appreciation of mentors and inspirations such as Dick Heyser, Richard Feynman, and Chuck Youngberg (a supervisor/mentor at JPL), and others, includes you as well. (They have all long ago died of cancer, and I don't mean to add you to THAT group.) I've always had a special relationship with my image of you ("what I presume to be my cat" - Douglas Adams) based on both our conversations and your writings. Like Dick, I recognize your integrity, authenticity, and honor in a way that many readers might not.

Your PDF gives me something to do this afternoon (while sitting for treatment, using my iPad obtained specifically as an indulgence during recovery). Unlike Dick, my illness is not considered "terminal" but unfortunately "perpetual". Kind of like whack-a-mole based on PET scans every quarter.

Well, time to jump in my loaner car and go to my appointment....I hope to stay in touch now and then....

Best to you,
Jim

--

Keep your ears honest: Listen to live, unamplified music every week.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Lovely to hear from you, John... - Jim Stoneburner 12:05:02 09/25/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.