Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: The idea that the

I am no longer seeing this difference in gain, so perhaps the problem only appears in certain conditions. Or perhaps it could have been "cockpit error" on my part when I first started playing around with the program.

I've got the EQ running as a VST plugin under cPlay and this is definitely improving my sound, cleaning up some muddy bass on some recordings as well as improving imaging. I've done some In-out tests and the amplitude response appears to be more or less as displayed on the graphs. I've looked at impulse response and there is no pre-ringing, looks like minimum phase. I didn't observe distortion products on some sine wave tests, but this was not done at high precision, so there could be non-linear results at -130 dB that I might have missed.

My next step will be to try some time correction as well, but this is much more complex and I'm not sure what programs are available for testing that aren't expensive.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The idea that the - Tony Lauck 10:20:19 06/05/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.