Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

"Breakfast in the Field" you say?

Get a copy of Michel Hedges Breakfast in the field and hear an early a very clear but very bright recording.

The original analog version from 1981 or the later CD copy? I have both. In this case, I think the "villain" is the minimal processing done on the recording. Your post piqued my interest because I find that overall, the original analog copy is an incredibly natural sounding recording - albeit a touch bright (an easy thing to cure). On The Happy Couple, you can so easily visualize his hands moving in his inimitable way. I've had to good fortune to see Hedges live three times before his untimely accident.

In another post, you mention the KEF Blade. I was in the Bay area earlier this year and noticed a hi-fi shop in downtown SFO nearby the Ruth's Chris where my wife and I had dinner. Since it had literally been years since I've set foot in an audio dealer, we walked over. They graciously played a couple of tracks on the Blades. As a coherency freak, I found them good in that respect. But, the apparent image size was tiny and very directional. Not my cup of tea. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.