Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: The idea that the

Tony:

Although there is not an overall "EQ" transfer function that would please everyone, most people seem to like a downward tilt over the entire range - this could well be to compensate for most people simply not finding a perfectly flat response to be natural sounding. Myself, I like "flat" but after doing baffle step compensation and tweaking things high-frequency shelf filters and tweeter level pad (voicing you could call it) the response is anything but flat.

In a perfect world, the recording engineers would step into a room next to the studio - a audiophile sized listening room with two speakers and a chair set up with audiophile placement. If they heard their mixes on this "system next door" I am sure the number of decent recordings would go up dramatically. Trouble is, they are eq'ing to studio monitors that are flat, but they are listening nearfield. They might switch from nearfield monitors to larger house monitors, but in the end, are they ever mixing for systems like the ones we as 'phile assemble? And are not many studio rooms on the dead-side, which could be a reason why some recordings are excellent except for a sizzling hot high end?

I have recording equipment here... you just gave me an idea...

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.