In Reply to: bake out posted by unclestu on September 19, 2011 at 18:15:16:
You know that vacuum is a heat insulator, of course?
The tube envelop will get hot and the pins will conduct heat to the interior structures, but inefficiently.
I don't have a clear idea how hot you could get the innerds of a tube by your method.
Nothing is going to 'leach out' of a tube.....ever...while it is under vacuum.
Too much is never enoughThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Idea for Prolonging Tube Life - Lee of Omaha 08:37:05 09/01/11 (11)
- RE: Idea for Prolonging Tube Life - jrlaudio 00:01:46 11/25/12 (0)
- Idea for Prolonging Tube Life - CJ Larson 19:58:17 11/29/11 (1)
- RE: Idea for Prolonging Tube Life - unclestu 15:34:44 03/19/12 (0)
- Why bother - unclestu 16:33:23 09/07/11 (7)
- RE: Why bother - pictureguy 10:24:24 03/01/12 (0)
- RE: Why bother - pictureguy 21:55:12 02/28/12 (0)
- RE: Why bother - thetubeguy1954 13:05:48 09/15/11 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: bake out - pictureguy 22:01:38 02/28/12 (0)