Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Ever had someone sing into your ear from an inch away??

Robert,

You asked if ever had someone sing into your ear from an inch away?? While I cannot say it was precisely an inch, but having played guitar and sung in an all acoustic/semi-electric band similar to America or Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, there were times when 2 or 3 of us sang into one mic while the lead singer sang into another mic.

So yes I've had people sing darn close to my ears and the truth is I've NEVER heard the simbilance I'd sometimes later hear in the recordings we've made of those gigs. I fully realize anything recorded up close will sound quite different than if it was recorded from across the room. I also fully realize because you didn't hear it from 20ft away also doesn't mean it was there either!

Now I'd like to know how much singing, playing and recordings of your own band(s) music have you done, in which you'd have some practical experience in talking about your hearing or not hearing simbilance while playing/recording you'd sometimes later hear in the recordings you've made of your gigs?

Tom Scata (thetubeguy1954)
===============================================================
SETriodes Group --- Central Florida Audio Society --- Space
Coast Audio Society --- Fullrange Drivers --- Front & Back Loaded Horns

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.