In Reply to: RE: HAHAHAHAHAH....... posted by rick_m on February 9, 2011 at 16:14:03:
I've notices that with solid state gear, the effect is lessened. I can hear the tightening up of the bass line ( Marantz surround sound receiver and mirage bookshelf mains with an Energy sub), but real increase in dynamics.
Transient attacks are a bit crisper however. I just purchased a 6Volt gel battery and will be experimenting with that. I suspect that since transistors are basically current amplifiers, they may need a bit more current ( supposedly). Try it on the preamp first.
A friend installed the battery on his Grado SR 60's which he uses on his mini Ipod. He claims the difference is staggering, almost analog like, although the battery is just as big if not bigger than his ipod.
Edits: 02/09/11This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Help by finding the right KNOB'S for Nad 302 Amp. - shaby 13:16:18 02/07/11 (17)
- Is there a NAD dealer anywhere in your area? - firstname.lastname@example.org 20:01:52 02/09/11 (1)
- RE: Is there a NAD dealer anywhere in your area? - shaby 23:55:09 02/09/11 (0)
- Wow. Is this what has become of Propheads?? - robert young 16:26:42 02/08/11 (14)
- well....... - hifitommy 15:36:04 02/18/11 (2)
- We could argue over . . . - email@example.com 09:24:35 02/10/11 (0)
- If it'll help... - kerr 08:23:17 02/10/11 (2)
- Yeah. Just a bunch of knobs... :-] -t - Presto 10:46:12 02/09/11 (0)
- RE: Wow. Is this what has become of Propheads?? - rick_m 20:56:00 02/08/11 (5)
- i am the riffraff looking over here to see if we can take over THIS place too. Naaah, nothin' here. nt - Elizabeth 13:52:03 05/21/11 (0)
- HAHAHAHAHAH....... - unclestu 11:43:07 02/09/11 (3)Follow Ups
- batteries - unclestu 16:44:34 02/09/11 (1)
- RE: batteries - rick_m 19:01:54 02/09/11 (0)