Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: HAHAHAHAHAH.......

Hi Stu,

"Apparently it is no fun to stick to technical details, since very few have any understanding of them, or the "scientific" principles....."

I suppose that's a good deal of it. Probably the rest is not having the interest or inclination. Or maybe not having the equipment and time. I know once I'm contented with the performance my interest in investigating further tends to wain. With only a single instance and user the risk from not fully understanding what's going on is low and consists only of possibly settling for a sub-optimal solution.

On the other hand Tweakers seems to be heading towards institutionalizing alchemy and condemning science and engineering and heaven forbid, measurements. I think part of that is just the problem you mentioned above, part is not wanting to mess with it, and part is believing silly assertions that DBT is the very embodiment of science so science is bad.

I haven't been following your adding batteries to the ground lately, have you found an especially good approach yet that works across components or systems? I messed around with a couple of 9V transistor radio batteries in series and parallel and could discern no effect whatever so I'm stuck. I think it would take a particularly clear-cut and controllable case to have any hope of chasing it to ground, as it were...

Regards, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: HAHAHAHAHAH....... - rick_m 16:14:03 02/09/11 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.