Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: "Ordinary" magnet wire

"It has been proven by two methods: a 7 KHz square wave fidelity test, and a 6 usec narrowest audible time delay test from left ear to right ear. Both show a same approximately 100 KHz to 200 KHz extended brain processing. One shows that hearing fidelity needs to go beyond the limit of "20 KHz" for the spacial fidelity to finish up, between ears that is beyond hearing but is not beyond brain processing speed in comparing signals of both ears delayed from one another.

Do you have a reference to the 7 kHz square wave test?

I don't believe you can equate delay sensitivity of 6 microseconds to bandwidth. For example, the bandwidth of 44.1/16 PCM is limited to 22 kHz, and an apparent time resolution corresponding to the interval between consecutive samples of 22.7 microseconds. However, there is sufficient information to further subdivide this period by a factor of 65536, which yields a time resolution of 346 picoseconds. One can easily see subsample pulse resolution by playing around with an editor and doing a combination of upsampling, downsampling and shifting.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "Ordinary" magnet wire - Tony Lauck 10:56:19 10/29/10 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.