Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Have you found those FR differences you mentioned that exceed known audible thresholds yet?

You know, the ones mentioned in the OP and which you later said exceeded known audible thresholds shown on the ABX site? The information I asked you for?

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/prophead/messages/5/58746.html

Since you did not know who wrote the article, nor the title, and got the date wrong, that made it somewhat more difficult for me to find it. Once I did find it, it was clear that you did not have the article in front of you since you had the date wrong, and also did not have the contents right. Since you did not know who wrote the article or what the title was, it is no wonder you have never seen it criticized, so your attempted meta-analysis in your OP was so much hooey.

If you want a link the 1987 article in SR by Clark and Masters, I have found one and it is below. Read away to your heart's content. As I surmised, the program material was not as good for the purpose as it might have been--even Stereophile later discovered thick stuff like choral music made for a more sensitive test. I am surprised they did not use pink noise, too.

Oh, BTW, this means I have actually found an objectivist who relied too much on a superseded test, but so far, you have not, though you maintained you knew this. But really, you and JA should get over an old test done 23 years ago.

I cited a later article in SR by E. Brad Meyer in which he showed an audible differences between a tube amp and a SS amp driving two different speakers, though with one of the speakers, the difference was only shown to be audible on pink noise. You and JA really should get over that old superseded test.

-----
"A fool and his money are soon parted." --- Thomas Tusser

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.