Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

No really, try to stay on topic

That being meta-analysis. Nothing in your post addresses meta-analysis. review that and get back to me.

"Your examples are red herrings, since they do not seem to illustrate whatever point you want to make."

So you don't know what point I am trying to make yet you claim my examples don't illustrate this point that is unknown to you? I hope even you can see the irony in that.

"Moreover, you did not in fact analyze those discussions, any more than you supported your assertions about how some of those whom you call objectivists proceed."

Well gosh Pat, if you understood the article on meta-analysis you would understand that there was no reason to analyze those discussions. the mere fact that they can only be found with undesired positive results is the point that is so well described in the article on meta-analysis. Again I suggest you read that article and get back to me when you understand it. Here is the part that basically explains it all. "Again, it is important that you determine your criteria for weeding out flawed papers in advance. You might think that it would be a good idea to scrutinize each paper for specific methodological errors, rather than working from a check-list. However, there is a snag with that. It has been shown that people, including scientists, are much better at spotting methodological flaws in papers the results of which don't fit their preconceptions. This would result in unconscious cherry-picking if you looked for unique flaws in each paper." now if you really can't understand this very well written excerpt from a very well writen article on meta-analysis then...well it's just over your head. sorry.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.