Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: You just define skeptic that way.

Thanks for the link. I was not aware of the site, which looks extremely interesting.

I am aware of the debate concerning Kuhn, but I cited his book for the benefit of those who might not be familiar with it, particularly with regard to falsifiability.

In your reference it says, "Kuhn's account argues that resisting falsification is precisely what every disciplinary matrix in science does. Even disciplines that could not claim to be dominated by a settled paradigm but were beset by competing schools with different fundamental ideas could appeal to Kuhn's description of the pre-paradigm state of a science in its infancy. Consequently Kuhn's analysis was popular among those seeking legitimacy as science (and consequently kudos and funding) for their new disciplines."

This is precisely my point. Many of the audio skeptics operate just as described. This is one reason why I would never attempt to collect Randi's $1,000,000 were I to have an experiment that was apparently suitable. I have no doubt that some excuse would be found for either rejecting the experiment up front, sabotaging it so it would fail, or if it apparently succeeded finding an excuse for not paying.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.