Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Ever hear of the argumentem ad hominem fallacy?

Because that's what your post amounts to. Some inmates have made quite a career of attacking things they attribute to a group of people they call objectivists.

One big problem is that you simply present assertions you have alleged are made repeatedly, but provide no data, no criteria. You have your opinion, of course, but that's all it is. Where's your meta-analysis?

You then give a couple of URLs to discussions you seem to think of as examples. You show no sign of understanding the discussions very well and expect the rest of us to come to the same conclusions about them that you have, which is rather silly of you. Where's your own meta-analysis?

I read the HO thread down to where Arnie Krueger makes what seem to me to some perfectly technical objections to the procedure. Whatever his biases are, the objections he made about different sampling rates seem rational, and he knows much more about the subject than I do and I dare say than you do. He offered a rational explanation of why the results came out positive. Either refute his objections and show the test is valid, or, failing that, the only thing to do is run a better test.

If you don't like null results in some test, the only thing to do is either show the difference is in fact audible (JA did this recently here. JA sometimes whines about what ABX advocates say but he can also attempt some rational arguments.) or do a blind test that should be more sensitive. Whining about his alleged biases doesn't make the test any better.

As for the skeptics site, Tony Lauck has quite properly pointed out that if one doesn't know the field, one may not know what advance criteria should be set for a meta-analysis of the literature.
-----
"A fool and his money are soon parted." --- Thomas Tusser

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.