Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

I've actually

dissected both the Quantums, Euphonic Technologies, and the Bybee, as I believe that is what you are referring to. The newer purifiers do have a very different construction, BTW. I've 'scoped their outputs too.
I have also read Olsher's review of the Bybee, in which he describes the unit as a new class of electronic devices: neither resistor, capacitor, or inductor. I believe Olsher, as a physicist for the government at Sandia, has security clearance and was privy to facts which may not be generally released, whether you believe that or not. If what Olsher states is true, then we need to examine the purifier in a different manner from that we are normally used to.
In asking my question, I was not attempting to demean your own investigation. It came about from my work in using the purifiers. It was a question aimed sincerely at finding out what the unit was doing. I can hypothesize, but I do have limited instrumentation, and what instrumentation I do have is also limited in sensitivity and range (military surplus for the most part). I did not attempt to conclusively 'prove' that the device was an expensive placebo, I merely attempted to focus attention to an area which has yet to be investigated. As I had stated earlier, it was a hypothesis, but you own response was for me to go back to school....

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.