Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: What Do You Guys Think Of This?

Well the claims about the positive feedback was not written my any engineer who knew what he was talking about.
Any competently designed amplifier would not allow the NFB loop to ever go positive within its design specs.
Any device outside of the amplifers NFB loop like their R203 cannot effect the NFB, let alone be capable of "sensing" the state of the NFB loop inside of the amp.
Given the price of the A203 i would think it is just some sort of snubbing network device. I would hazard a guess at a 0.1mdf cap and an 8 ohm resistor or similar. Such a device would be able to affect the NFB loop assuming the NFB point is connected from the output transistor pair, back to a previous stage within the amp itself. But its effects would be to reduce the possibility of RF instability caused by the phase changes at high frequencies although these usually only ocure with high capacitance speaker wires.
In any case, a few bucks more spent on these magic components would make a $200 amp compete with, if not sell for $2000 ! why isn't every manufacture doing it ?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: What Do You Guys Think Of This? - chris_w 09:44:08 04/23/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.