Propeller Head Plaza

That's the way to go if you have no arguments.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Propeller Head Plaza ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

You try to pre-empt any possibility for open, unprejudiced debate if you can't afford such.

They like doing that sort of a thing. I'm pretty convinced there are more than the two or three occasions when I've seen John Atkinson here "accidentally" slip out a wholly unsubstantiated rumour (or not even rumour but an insinutation claimed to be something that people "in the know" had "confidentially" told him "in private" which privilege he had promised "to respect," and so forth - all that crap) about his competitors in the business, only to backtrack just enough a couple of days later when pressed on the issue, with the vocal regrets that quite unfortunately, for the time being he was not in a position to speak more about the subject (back up his claims, in other words) due to some circumstance or another, like the advise of his lawyers (clearly good advise if that's what he got), etc., etc.

Oh well, the story was already out and nothing to do about it now!

(And yes I can paste the stuff here if anyone's interested.)

So, nothing new if Charles Hansen and his disciples now opt for the same strategy. Only I can't see why he should feel so worried. clarkjohnsen everyone already knows; that's his sole mode of operation, but you don't take him seriously since it's very unprobable that anyone else does, either. (Strike that; I just saw a post by someone claiming to do that. Everything's possible, it seems.)

Yet it doesn't cease to astonish me. It's kind of like not how you were told at primary school we do these things.

TL

Edits: 09/22/07

Follow Ups: