In Reply to: Re: what exactly is peter belt selling? posted by May Belt on April 14, 2007 at 02:14:41:
Let me repeat again, domestic freezing is NOT cryogenic (-180C). They don't tie together. My repeated experiences always proved it.
You quote on EMM Lab & whatever is moot.
Only at low low subzero (min -180C) temps the dislocation of the material molecules' mico-structures can be permanently realigned in order, removing the uneven stresses therein. Thus improving the physical properties of a material, metal or non-metal alike. In audio, signal incidentally passes along metals, like a cable or inside a vacuum tube.
I can't imagine how come a kinda half fried dough or a half-bred animal like freezer chilling can claim the molecular improvement in the audio parts or components, let alone the sound.
Sorry, I have to dimiss such "surprising finding" in a freezer as smoke mirror with undisclosed agenda as you being a "M" since you so far can't come up with any convincing scientific reasoning on your claims, let alone any documententary measurements which are expected in PHP.
Given revealing equipment & analytical ears, anything added on or put under an audio parts or components MAY change the sonics. Blocks or papers alike. Better or worse is subjective. To claim by putting something under the component can improve instead of worsening it is debatable as sonic is subject.
Three blocks, wood or whatever, as equipment support is technically better than four blocks due to obvious mechanical reasons. No mysteries.
FYI, all my audio components, from DVD-audio, CD player, tape deck, phonostages, power amps, even speaker stands, are all seated on three-in-a-set identical tuned acoutical tiptoes or spikes of steel or alloys. These isolation devices do help sharpening the imaging & improving soundstaging for obvious technical reasons.
But isolation alone is not a sure cure. I add something more susbtantial to improve the sound better. Guess what???
By the same token, do I have to promote this sorta amazing 'I don't know why' discoveries to the world & hard sell such so claimed sound improving gadgets like you do here in PHP??
PS: Your hard selling by stealing some remoted similar established scientific concepts & practices, like cryogenics, can blind some but not me.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - what exactly is peter belt selling? - jeromelang 22:53:04 04/12/07 (72)
- Re: what exactly is peter belt selling? - May Belt 02:14:41 04/14/07 (55)
- I sorta 'admire' your persistance. - cheap-Jack 11:38:37 04/16/07 (2)
- Oops. Isolation spikes? - Presto 20:09:04 04/16/07 (1)
- I mean decoupling spikes. - cheap-Jack 13:13:00 04/18/07 (0)
- Re: what exactly is peter belt selling? - May Belt 10:37:48 04/14/07 (12)
- ok, how about 3-legged or 5-legged components? - jeromelang 08:10:57 04/15/07 (1)
- Re: ok, how about 3-legged or 5-legged components? - May Belt 08:20:52 04/15/07 (0)
- How many cumulative "improvements" in sound have you noted? - clifff 11:01:23 04/14/07 (9)
- I know, it's only rock 'n roll... - Wellfed 12:14:51 04/14/07 (8)
- OK, so how would YOU answer that? - clifff 02:46:14 04/16/07 (7)
- I'm currently of the opinion that they are NOT finite... - Wellfed 08:36:37 04/16/07 (6)
- Interesting. - clifff 08:41:39 04/16/07 (5)
- Theoretically, yes/no... - Wellfed 08:53:25 04/16/07 (4)
- Is there similarly any limit on how well any musical instrument can sound? nt - clarkjohnsen 09:44:35 04/16/07 (3)
- That Ed Meitner quote is GREAT! - clarkjohnsen 08:35:39 04/14/07 (0)
- SImple question, requiring only a simple "yes" or "no" answer: - robert young 06:09:19 04/14/07 (37)
- Re: SImple question, requiring only a simple "yes" or "no" answer: - May Belt 10:26:36 04/14/07 (36)
- This is one reason you get ridiculed - Analog Scott 10:04:45 04/15/07 (1)
- Thank you for the reply, May, but... - robert young 11:35:54 04/14/07 (34)
- Re: I'm afraid things are much worse than you - geoffkait 04:17:31 04/15/07 (23)
- I don't believe you - robert young 09:43:43 04/16/07 (19)
- Re: I don't believe you - geoffkait 10:34:33 04/16/07 (18)
- Prove it. - robert young 12:17:45 04/16/07 (17)
- Re: Huh?!!! nt - geoffkait 13:13:48 04/16/07 (16)
- I liked the response you deleted better. - robert young 13:41:51 04/16/07 (15)
- Re: "The fact that you chose to delete it is quite telling" - geoffkait 13:59:06 04/16/07 (14)
- What the heck is wrong with you??? - robert young 14:27:49 04/16/07 (13)
- Re: "I don't think anyone, even you, can have "real" experience in these areas" - geoffkait 14:51:08 04/16/07 (12)
- "Sorry to disappoint you, but the proof must be yours." - robert young 15:16:16 04/16/07 (11)
- Re: zzzzzzz - geoffkait 15:47:29 04/16/07 (10)
- You're embarassing. Have a nice day (nt) - robert young 06:52:12 04/17/07 (9)
- Re: You're embarassing. Have a nice day (nt) - geoffkait 07:10:25 04/17/07 (8)
- "Bite me???" That's so "adult" of you Geoff. - robert young 07:47:57 04/17/07 (7)
- Re: "Bite me???" That's so "adult" of you Geoff. - geoffkait 08:31:51 04/17/07 (6)
- I can't even begin to figure out your twisted logic. - robert young 08:52:00 04/17/07 (5)
- Re: I can't even begin to figure out your twisted logic. - geoffkait 09:01:59 04/17/07 (4)
- Keep going Geoff. You're just flailing away madly now. - robert young 09:03:51 04/17/07 (3)
- Re: All things considered, hopefully you won't ever consider... - geoffkait 11:55:36 04/17/07 (2)
- Let me assist you, Geoff. I promise I won't tell anyone I helped you. - robert young 12:51:07 04/17/07 (1)
- Re: That was the funniest of all your attempts, you get an A for humor. nt - geoffkait 13:13:26 04/17/07 (0)
- I'm freezing my butt off! Does *that* make a CD sound better? nt - clarkjohnsen 12:07:52 04/15/07 (2)
- I'm not sure your assertion is correct - Charles Hansen 18:29:51 04/14/07 (9)
- Thanks, I was gonna head in this direction myself. Clearly there's a curve... - clarkjohnsen 12:13:42 04/15/07 (1)
- Re: Thanks, I was gonna head in this direction myself. Clearly there's a curve... - morricab 09:18:39 04/17/07 (0)
- Ignorance is fuel for such nonsense. - Analog Scott 11:36:01 04/15/07 (1)
- Re: "I would assert this stuff's already been investigated by people who actually know how to inverstigate them." - geoffkait 12:04:26 04/15/07 (0)
- Re: Cryogenic threshold temperature - rick_m 09:38:50 04/15/07 (0)
- Almost black and white - clifff 01:38:59 04/15/07 (3)
- Trucks [nt] - Todd Krieger 00:42:54 04/14/07 (0)
- some of the stuff that May Belt described are incredible - jeromelang 20:38:26 04/13/07 (1)
- Pandora's Bottle. nt - clarkjohnsen 12:55:48 04/13/07 (0)
- Medicine for the mentally ill. - AJinFLA 12:48:47 04/13/07 (3)
- Interesting that you think those who are subject to bias effects are mentally ill. - Analog Scott 13:07:54 04/13/07 (2)
- Audiophile hopes and dreams (aka snake oil, IMHO) (nt) - Richard BassNut Greene 07:39:49 04/13/07 (7)
- Chinese Snake Oil ISN'T Bogus! - thetubeguy1954 14:10:43 04/13/07 (5)
- That's a big conclusion to draw from a cautious letter to the editor of a medical journal. - Pat D 14:28:45 04/14/07 (2)
- It's a small conclusion to to know you'd have something negative to say! - thetubeguy1954 13:44:03 04/18/07 (1)
- Snake oil is a health matter, and one cannot take for granted that all Chinese snake oil is good. - Pat D 07:09:12 04/19/07 (0)
- perhaps a new forum is needed: Snake Oil Refinery perhaps (NT) - tunenut 15:51:43 04/13/07 (0)
- Oh no TubeGuy54 now lecturing me about snake oil. ..... Somebody please shoot me now and put me out of my misery - Richard BassNut Greene 14:22:42 04/13/07 (0)
- When did you become so humble?... - Wellfed 08:19:02 04/13/07 (1)
- Anxiety - Lambda 05:41:14 04/13/07 (1)