Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

I believe you have taken the first step in science

The first step is to propose a hypothesis. You have done so, and I can say that it shows a great deal of thought has gone into it.

But you are not done, you have only started.

The next steps, if you choose to undertake them, would be to design careful controlled experiments to test your hypothesis, to perform them, to make public both the complete experimental design and the results so that they can be independently verified by other experimenters.

This really would not be so hard. If some foil in a room affects the energy, it would be easy enough to poll listeners with the foil installed or not installed, random choice. They cannot know whether it is installed, that is part of the control of the other variables.

And then statistics could be gathered. And complete results could be published, so that others could verify the results independently.

I assure you, if various other people reproduced the positive results of such an experiment, you would find few skeptics left.

But without such data, a hypothesis on its own is worth little.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I believe you have taken the first step in science - tunenut 17:46:29 03/14/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.