Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: For what it's worth...

About 20 years ago, when people were beginning to hear about Peter's discoveries, I was told about Enid Lumley and what she called "gremlins" affecting her sound. I had a brief correspondence with her just at the very point when she had decided to leave the world of audio and writing for The Absolute Sound. A great pity. I think many people in the world of audio treated Enid abominably !!

One of the problems which faced Enid was that she was trying to explain the "gremlins" by them having an adverse effect on the signal or having an adverse effect on the acoustics whereas Peter, by one of those chance events so loved in stories of discoveries, was already understanding that the "gremlins" were, in effect, adversely affecting the human being (the very person listening to the music) !! Similar results to what Enid had been observing but a different explanation !!

If you are interested John, Positive Feedback Online have just published an article by me. And, in the middle of this article is a link to a long (very long) debate I had a few months back with a few people on the Stereophile Forum.
Regards,
May Belt.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue30/belt.htm

In the 3rd paragraph of the article there is a link available to a section of the Stereophile Hi Fi magazine's on line Forum (copy below).

http://forum.stereophile.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=13145&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

This particular section in the Stereophile Forum is very long (spread over quite a few months) but I would recommend that people try to read it all because I have written much background information regarding some of the discoveries by P.W.B. Electronics.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: For what it's worth... - May Belt 04:18:48 03/12/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.