Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: I closed my company due to.................

If anyone here needs a psych evaluation its you to get over the hatred and resentment you feel over the hifi business. Go on, Dan, lie on the couch and tell me your problems. Get it all out. Tell me about your mother. Were you abused as a child? Do you have suppressed memories that manifest themselves in various unpleasant ways?

Most of the rest of us are quite well adjusted and having fun with a hobby. Sure we take it somewhat serious because most of have a fair amount of money invested and we want high performance for that money. However; very few people go running around insulting just about everyone who doesn't think like we do (only you and SM seem so crass and arrogant).

I hope you realize just how far you are now from a sophisticated, well educated engineer you claim to be. Your utter lack of civil or indeed even semi-decent behavior is shocking given your claimed level of expertise.

FWIW I have lots of clocks, one of them is pretty clever (it updates the time automatically from satillite so I guess that makes it pretty clever) but none have anything to do with audio and none ever will.

I find it funny that because we disagree on what kind of amplification works the best you think that it puts me into bed with Geoff Kait and his ilk. Wake up and pull your head out of your you know what!

I have heard literally DOZENS of amps designed like you advocate and not one sounds realistic. Not one. So something must be wrong then with those designs. I am not anti-transistor as both amps I own use them partially (hybrids). For now I am anti-feedback because experience shows me (because I listen to all kinds of amps without initial prejudice) that amps with feedback in general sound worse than those without. Also, many articles I have read suggest that feedback causes more problems than it cures...particularly from an audible distortion POV.

Just because this flies in the face of your orthodoxy is not my problem. Maybe you should really investigate the phenomenon (it is hardly an isolated incident) and see if YOU can make a no feedback design with decent measured specs (some exist you know). Then compare the sound of that design to your previous ones. Or do you lack the talent to give that a real shot? Safer to use the feedback crutch, right? Afterall the meter says its better nevermind your ears (you claim to listen but...??).

BTW, how many amps did you ship that were flawed like the schematic? Maybe feedback covered up the problem...sounded the same with it right or wrong...right? But hey it measured the same. LOL!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.