In Reply to: Yeah, you did! :) posted by kerr on February 19, 2007 at 13:50:13:
Then listening and/or analysing music together??
I may get a Nobel Peace Prize yet... or at least be crowned Asylum Nutcase of the Month...
There is some valid psychology here though. When you approach a subject with a light heart and poke more fun at yourself than at your opponent, well you could get eaten alive. But sometimes, when people see that you are disarmed and somewhat playful, they might decide you are fun to play with...
It's like a dog on his back begging for a belly rub. Even a larger and normally intimidating dog is somehow less imposing in that particular position...
So there is my advice. Next time you're in an audio room and the tension levels rise, just lay on your back on the floor and ask for a belly rub.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Two Objectivists get together to test a speaker cable... - bjh 05:17:07 02/16/07 (11)
- Oh no. I started this objectivist/subjectivist joke thing didn't I? - Presto 11:45:37 02/19/07 (4)
- Yeah, you did! :) - kerr 13:50:13 02/19/07 (3)
- Mild-mannered jokes about objective audiophiles replace your usual vicious junkyard dog personal character attacks? - Richard BassNut Greene 14:40:45 02/16/07 (3)
- Re: Mild-mannered jokes about objective audiophiles replace your usual vicious junkyard dog personal character attacks - geoff_j 14:43:21 02/23/07 (0)
- blah blah blah BS nt - bjh 16:19:14 02/16/07 (1)
- I was expecting "blah blah blah BS BS BS "... but only got one "BS" -- so where did I fail? - Richard BassNut Greene 12:56:09 02/17/07 (0)
- Two religious people on an airplane - kerr 09:31:34 02/16/07 (1)
- Good one! nt - clarkjohnsen 10:05:26 02/16/07 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.