Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Does anyone really think this?

"Again, does any real, serious person think that harmonic distortion equates with "preserv(ing) harmonic content"? It seems to me a remarkably simplistic--and transparently incorrect--claim, and I notice that it is not attributed to anyone. Is there any citation in the original? "

Well, he is discussing the concept of benign distortions, which has gained a lot of traction in SET- afficiondo circles. I imagine that a lack of context and the unfortunate sleight of editing is cause for your misinterpretion of his comments.

On side note, I am beginning to think that high-output impedance amplfiier have gained a lot of traction because of the demise of tone controls and equalisations in most high quality audio equipment. The issues that these components sought to address are still there, and these amplifiers provide a method if inflexible means of achieving the same. I say that partially because of very high input impedance speakers which were more common back in the day have not gained any traction in the marketplace, rather most folks use these amplifiers with relatively low impedance speakers where frequency response modification is most audible.

Music making the painting, recording it the photograph

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Does anyone really think this? - theaudiohobby 01:27:22 02/10/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.