Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Perhaps You're Right

"The reality is this I WAS an objectivist, I believed all "properly designed" amps essentially sounded the same, I believed all "properly designed" wires sounded the same and I believed tubed equipment was an inferior technology that couldn't possibly sound as good as solid state audio components could."

This part of your problem! Like a saying I grew up, "half truth is no truth at all". I suggest that you read Peter Azcel comments on the conditions that need to be satisfied for two different types of amplifier sound identical through the same set of speakers, goes without saying playing in the same room.

Secondly, the fact that tube technology is obsolete technology and certainly is inferior in certain respects, however sounds good is a totally different criterion, for example, LPs are an inferior music carrier than hirez digital in absolute objective performance terms, but many people prefer its sound, the issue is that the preference cannot be traced by performance superiority because it is not.

So, it would seem you started out with the wrong belief system in the first place.

Music making the painting, recording it the photograph

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Perhaps You're Right - theaudiohobby 08:05:32 02/06/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.