Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Perhaps You're Right

POLLYinFLA,

Your constant refusal to accept that I was an Objectivist who turned Subjectivist in no way lessens the fact that this is indeed the TRUTH! Your inability to accept that fact that once I learned to trust my ears and what I heard over measurements printed on piece a paper is simply due to your need to believe you hold the ONE TRUE WAY to audio nirvana. So POLLYinFLA I suggest you look at your own advice and realize that you've begun to believe your own lies and have actually convinced yourself you're telling the truth, when you're not!

The reality is this I WAS an objectivist, I believed all "properly designed" amps essentially sounded the same, I believed all "properly designed" wires sounded the same and I believed tubed equipment was an inferior technology that couldn't possibly sound as good as solid state audio components could. You're 100% incorrect in your beliefs that I had severe brain damage from an accident. What really happened was I decided to have an open mind (unlike you) and listen for myself and come to my own conclusions. Doing that showed me most, not all "properly designed" amps be they tubed or solid state do NOT sound the same, most not all "properly designed" wires do NOT sound the same and some, not all tubed equipment sounds better than solid state does, but the very best tubed equipment definitely sounds better than solid state does! Even more than that the very best tubed equipment provides the most realistic replication of live unamplified music I have ever heard! As hard as it is for you to accept this, tubed equipment is NOT was an inferior technology. It can sound every bit as good as any solid state audio components does and the very best tubed equipment represents the SOTA in audio amplification today.

Sorry to burst your bubble POLLYinFLA but I wasn't always a Subjectivist, but I am one today. No matter how much you lie to yourself and deny this it's still remains the truth. Perhaps if you cleaned out your ears and bought a decent soild state amp, instead of using that Pro QSC crap, you'd also realize not all "properly designed" amps be they tubed or solid state essentially sound the same, most not all "properly designed" wires do NOT sound the same and some, not all tubed equipment sounds better than solid state does, but the very best tubed equipment definitely does.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.