Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: You're alone but not rare

I've met up with a very few ghost non-believers that changed their views when they finally allowed for possibilities. Mostly the "recruits" are skeptics with no scientific background, such as myself. Back when I first got involved with ghost chasing, I was told that superstition made large differences in sound and I walked away with Monster M1000i mk II ghost goggles and Monster speaker wire (forget the model) and I couldn't see or hear a dime's worth of difference, as I suspected I wouldn't.
As my ghost hearing/seeing skills improved, I learned what to listen for and could hear spooky sounds some of the time... and I should point out that I do NOT hear differences in all houses. Far from it. Nor all amps or anything else. Very little in this world is everything or nothing. That's the problem I have with Objectivists/ghost non-believers - they think in black and white and the world contains so many different colors of ghosts. But I digress....

Anyway, it's doubtful that you'll ever gain new cult recruits by posting on the internet. They have to figure it out all by themselves. I was the same way. And hey, if they never figure it out, they're the ones missing out, not you. You can only take care of folks that want to take the steps to take care of themselves. To coin a phrase, you can lead a person to a poolside seance but you can't force his head into the pool. And if you do, he is more likely to drown than he is to see ghosts.

cheers,

AJ

I contend that we are both atheists; I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you reject all other gods, you will understand why I reject yours

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: You're alone but not rare - AJinFLA 18:31:56 02/05/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.