In Reply to: Re: Me too:( posted by AJinFLA on February 2, 2007 at 20:34:28:
I am just getting into speakers. I have a lot to learn. Hindsight is 20/20 and it is now clear that I would have been better served to start with speakers.
I'm a lover too. Perhaps that is why I couldn't afford to address speakers before. But now that the divorce and subsquent high maintenance GF is over, and the kid is almost through college, perhaps I will have some discretionary funds!
Now if I could only decide on a crossover. The thought of op amps and going digital is too much to bear. I have to reconcile that with the reality that room compensation, time aligment, phase coherence, and all of that stuff that I don't understand well enough, is most easily addressed by such technology.
Perhaps you have some words of advice? I'd like to understand the pros/cons of FIR filters better.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Acoustic System Resonators Revisited - thetubeguy1954 06:01:03 02/01/07 (38)
- Damn, I'm going to miss this society meeting - AJinFLA 09:43:45 02/01/07 (5)
- Me too:( - Russ57 11:40:27 02/01/07 (4)
- Would you be so kind as to clarify something for me? - bjh 08:21:02 02/01/07 (27)
- No Problem - thetubeguy1954 08:58:27 02/01/07 (26)
- Thanks, - bjh 09:47:25 02/01/07 (25)
- Re: Thanks, - thetubeguy1954 13:04:49 02/01/07 (24)
- Your point taken. - cheap-Jack 08:04:58 02/02/07 (0)
- Very well, only allow me to point out - bjh 14:40:05 02/01/07 (22)
- Perhaps You're Right - thetubeguy1954 12:17:48 02/02/07 (20)
- Re: Perhaps You're Right - AJinFLA 18:21:47 02/05/07 (8)
- Re: Perhaps You're Right - thetubeguy1954 06:16:24 02/06/07 (4)
- It is not me you must convince, it is you. - AJinFLA 16:45:55 02/06/07 (1)
- Another Moronic Reply From That Bird-Brain POLLYinFLA - thetubeguy1954 11:09:05 02/08/07 (0)
- Re: Perhaps You're Right - theaudiohobby 08:05:32 02/06/07 (1)
- Re: Perhaps You're Right - thetubeguy1954 10:36:43 02/06/07 (0)
- Re: Perhaps You're Right - andy19191 05:07:00 02/06/07 (2)
- Do you consider yourself to be an "objective audiophile" or a "non-audiophile"? - AJinFLA 16:54:06 02/06/07 (1)
- Re: Do you consider yourself to be an "objective audiophile" or a "non-audiophile"? - andy19191 01:32:12 02/07/07 (0)
- You're rare but not alone - kerr 13:35:21 02/03/07 (10)
- Re: You're alone but not rare - AJinFLA 18:31:56 02/05/07 (1)
- Wow! You made sense! - kerr 07:34:42 02/06/07 (0)
- You guys will do just about anything to avoid actually proving you can detect what you say you can. - Pat D 18:01:02 02/05/07 (7)
- I've already proven it! - kerr 07:29:03 02/06/07 (6)
- Hardly. The burden of proof is on those who make the claim. We point out they haven't met it. (nt) - Pat D 07:53:24 02/06/07 (5)
- No One Is Under ANY Burden To Provide Proof To Others! - thetubeguy1954 06:25:47 02/07/07 (3)
- You don't understand burden of proof. - Pat D 12:02:04 02/08/07 (1)
- Pat D YOU Don't Understand That No One Is Under Any Burden To Provide You With Proof. - thetubeguy1954 11:53:50 02/09/07 (0)
- Exactly - kerr 07:51:05 02/07/07 (0)
- But we HAVE met the burden of proof. The only disagreement is to whom we carry that burden (nt) - kerr 08:32:05 02/06/07 (0)
- Umm... - kerr 11:49:09 02/02/07 (0)
- Re: Acoustic System Resonators Revisited - tomservo 08:06:35 02/01/07 (3)
You can not post to an archived thread.