Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Very well, only allow me to point out

that when you say "... the blind acceptance of 'audio' devices..." it is clear you explicitly exclude "Anyone who listens for themself and makes a decision based on that listening...".

Now when we look at the full quote again, i.e. yours ...

"OMG! It's the blind acceptance of 'audio' devices like this that keep the Objectivists from ever taking Subjectivists seriously. Are we revisting the Tice Clock all over again?"

... you'll of course admit that the Objectivists idea of "blind acceptance" is decidedly different than yours! While this hardly warrants saying you yourself should know this better than most, i.e. take the continued skeptism of many Objectivists to accept your testamony of cable differences despite the fact that you claim to have conducted blind tests no less!

You'll not convince those Objectivists, and in fact were you more astute an observer you'd note that the reaction against evidence of common audiophiles observations is proportional to the very strength of the investigations. I can think of no greater example of this that the near violent reactions against Jon Risch's careful studies in the DBT field, a reaction that continues to this very day as witnessed by the raving convulsions one can elicit from that deadbeat RBG in reaction to mere mention of the Risch work.

And what of Peter Aczel's moronic comments about it being impossible for well designed amplifiers to sound different (if not driven to clipping ya-da-ya-da)... but aren't there published DBTs that have demonstrated such differences?

Really any effort to reach the RBGs and the Aczels is the very definition of an exercise in futility! Think about it, suppose tomorrow some indisputable evidence of the things these nuts have been denying for decades should wash up on shore, what then?, would you expect a polite "Oops it appears I was maistaken." !!!LOL!!! Not bloody likely! The best you could hope for would be their disappearance, but more likely they'd continue on with their nonsense even in the face of the evidence!

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.