Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: You're right!

"Happiness is fickle and is not directly proportional to the gear you own."

My problem was that I expected audio equipment to live up to its billing. That's the root of dissatisfaction and the reason people are constantly upgrading. Then it hit me, the equipment, at least the electronics did exactly what it said it did and what it is supposed to do. I don't expect you or anyone else here to belive it but in my view, a lot of it does. The problem lies elsewhere...in the basic notion of how the problem is viewed and solved itself. And no amount of tweaking a hopeless approach is going to work. Unless and until the problem is rethought from scratch with a blank sheet of paper and much better answers are offered up, it isn't going to get solved, at least not to my satisfaction. Those clever enough to come up with better answers aren't interested in the problem and those who work on it aren't nearly up to it. Anyway, that's when I stopped shopping, there was no longer a reason to. There were and still are no answers out there which could satisfy me. The recent VTV show only served to convince me it's as true now as it ever was.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.