Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Good question.

Hi.

Pardon my ignorance. Technically, I just can't figure why electrons prefer to flow one way to the other given the SAME homogenous molecular structure throughout the conductor.

Perhaps you can elaborate what "single hookup wires" are they & how you built these wires into an IC. How you hook those hookup wires to your system.

Don't overlook the very important aspect of interfacing response of the cable/components being hooked up as result of the input impedance of the receiving components involved.

I am not challenging your sonic "experience" in finding single wire (assuming no shielding to make it simple) being directional. Maybe you got golden ears.

But can you put forth any technical explanation on your finding?
As I always maintain, for everything happens under the sun, there is a course. So what would it be?

That said, I always burn-in my DIY ICs (in twisted pair, no shielding) in one SAME direction I deliberately marked on their jackets & then always hook them up in the same direction of signal flow per the burn-in process. I do so just for good manangement rather than for any scientific reasons which I am yet to figure out.

c-J

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.