Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Then E-Stat you must be the monkey in the middle

And each time you bought a new one, you thought that was the end of it and you would be happy. But the holy grail eleuded you. How long before you give up on the one you've got now? Nagra has a nice little $10,000 model with all of three 6AT7s in the audio signal circuit. If you like it, you can buy it on a trial basis, get someone familiar with old time ham radio to copy the circuit for you and then return it. A hundred dollars worth of parts and a few hours of work later and you can have your own version which will perform identically...or you can let Nagra keep the $10,000 and hope the thing does't burn up in their small unventillated neat looking little box they put it in. Or you can go back to Van Alstine's version of the Dynaco PAT-5.

Don't feel too badly E-Stat, thirty five years ago I thought the same way you do. Then one day it dawned on me that it's a fools game and no matter what I bought, in the end I'd be no more satisfied with it than what I already had. That's why I started solving my own problems for myself. You see, having met a lot of these guys, I realized they are no more clever about it than I am. Don't believe it? Just read the crap from the ones who post on this board.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.