Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

SM is the guy on top

He just doesn't understand the concept of direct experience. Whenever others point out that they have owned the Citation for a period of years and have DIRECTLY COMPARED IT WITH OTHER UNITS IN THEIR SYSTEM, he always falls back to the ad copy canard.

Ironically, I purchased mine after the salesman contradicted the ad copy for the now infamous Crown ICK preamp. I was 17, in high school, and still enamoured over Julian Hirsch and McIntosh distortion clinics. Based upon the incredible specs, I had decided that I really wanted the ICK and the matching D-150 amp. Fortunately, I went to a dealer who sold both Crown and H-K. The salesguy (who later became a friend and part time boss) urgently convinced me to NOT buy the Crown preamp. I'm glad he was honest!

The first of many preamps I heard in my system that bettered the Eleven was an Audio Research SP-3a. Then a Levinson JC-2 (neither mine). I replaced mine first with a Van Alstine FET-5 later with an Audio Research SP-6 and currently an SP-9. He can't quite imagine since he is devoid of experience how anything could be better.

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.